Last month we hailed the icons of the 70s who influenced our style. While the 70s gave us decadence, the 80s were about individualism. With the advent of MTV, seeing our favorite artists on-screen every day gave us tons of inspiration. From Michael’s single glove to Madonna’s layers upon layers, we couldn’t get enough of their flair for taking dressing to another level. Take a look at our five fashion icons of the 1980s.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process