Another day another Gaga saga…
On Monday night, Lady Gaga cut the ribbon outside of Barneys New York for the grand opening of her holiday collaborative with the luxury retailer entitled, Gaga’s Workshop, in a white couture Chanel dress, reminiscent of a contraption straight out of the Victorian era. The singer accented her retro look with dark shades, fingerless gloves and lengthy blond strands. Pretty haute.
Gaga’s extravagant display will take over the department store’s 5th floor and holiday windows until Jan. 2, featuring massive blow-up claws, taxi cab wraps, pint size leather biker jackets and finger shaped lollipops. The pop star told WWD, “we tried to bridge the spirit of Madison Avenue with the spirit of downtown New York pop punk culture and create a space that had a range of prices — some very affordable gifts and some gifts that were more expensive,” of her cartoon spirited display. And noted that 25 percent of the shop’s sales will be donated to her Born This Way Foundation. “Yes I have fun fashion ideas and have a knack for trinkets, but the truth is if the love of the fans didn’t mean something powerful from a cultural standpoint, coming to Barneys to buy Gaga presents wouldn’t mean anything.…They wanted to come here for an experience that they could enjoy together,” said Gaga.
See snapshots of the artistic workshop in the gallery below.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!
- Hollywood Slim Down: 15 Stars Who Lost Major Weight
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past