So the inevitable has come. Rihanna has teamed up with Emporio Armani for her first fashion installment. Vogue UK reports that the sultry pop icon has created an abridged line of biker jackets, jeans, tees and lingerie pieces for the Emporio Armani Underwear and Armani Jeans lines.
Rihanna will be the face of both brands, and this new capsule will come with some extra perks too. It isn’t really clear if Rihanna was hands on in designing these pieces, but she was indeed the inspiration. Her chic style mixed with a tough, rocker appeal has been infused into the jeans and tees for all of Rih Rih’s fans, including a cool version of her LOUD cd cover made into a printed tee. Rihanna is making a smart move by starting out small and segueing into the fashion world as a designer/muse, really carving herself out as a fashion icon first before anything else.
We predict that unlike other celebrities, Rihanna’s longevity in fashion will be of the likes of Kate Moss or Daphne Guiness, but time will tell. Let’s see. Rihanna’s collection for Emporio Armani will be available mid-November online and in stores.
See pics of the Rihanna X Emporio Armani collab on the next few pages:
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process