If the rumor mill can be believed–and we tend to take rumors from fashion trade journal Women’s Wear Daily as very likely–then the Beckham family might be adding yet another stone to the fashion fortress they currently inhabit. According to WWD, David Beckham, former soccer player and father of the family, might be in talks to create a casual sportswear brand.
With the possibility of a Beckham sportswear brand in mind, as well as the recent activity of his sons and ongoing business of his wife, Victoria Beckham, you might start to wonder if the Beckhams are building an empire in the fashion business.
We count down 10 moves the family has made that seem to indicate a resounding “Yes.”
1. Seat your baby daughter next to Anna Wintour during Fashion Week.
For the Spring 2014 Victoria Beckham show, Harper Beckham was placed in one of the most coveted spots at a fashion show: next to Anna Wintour. That means she did indeed cozy up to Anna before Kendall Jenner.
2. Successfully start and manage a namesake high-fashion brand.
3. Get your middle son a Burberry campaign.
4. Snag a multi-season collaboration with a retail giant.
Leave it to David to go big. This Beckham snagged a bodywear deal with retail giant H&M and has now even parlayed that into an adjoining swimwear line for men.
5. Nab a Superbowl ad.
Yeah, we know you all saw it this year, so we don’t even have to explain.
6. Put your eldest son on a magazine cover.
7. Tease fans with reunion performance in Giles Deacon.
Back in 2012, Victoria Beckham spiced up our lives with a reunion performance as Posh Spice in the internationally famous girl group Spice Girls for the Olympics. Draped in a black Giles Deacon mullet dress–read high hem in the front, low in the back–the always svelte sophisticate baited fans with one last performance while emphatically denying any reunion tours.
8. Make your own fragrances.
9. Snag a global campaign with a high-fashion company.
10. Turn said campaign into a capsule collection.
In addition to posing as the face of the brand, Beckham also took on some design duties with Belstaff. After handpicking his favorite pieces for the legends collection, Beckham also helped design and launch the Beckham for Belstaff Collection which hit stores last month.