Hey StyleBlazers, welcome to the second episode of our exclusive How I Made It online video series. In this series, we are shining the spotlight on fearless, original and inspirational women in the fashion and beauty industry.
About This Episode
Don’t let the petite frame and eloquent demeanor fool you. Style and Fashion Expert, Sydne Bolden Long, challenges the unexpected with her unique style perspective. Classic American girls learned how to seamlessly blend high fashion apparel with affordable items, studying Sydne’s monthly Instant Style column in In Style, where the specialized still life stylist contributed to more than 600 outfits in over 100 issues.
A Howard University alumna, Bolden Long has dressed Janet Jackson, appeared on the mastheads of Vogue, W, Allure and Honey magazines and has offered expert advice to brands such as BCBG Max Azria, Target and Top Shop.
In this episode, the humble fashion critic candidly describes how she made it.
- Original music by Kenneth Whalum III
- Director: Jon Goff
- Director of Photography: Daniel Patterson
- Executive Producer: Liz Burr
- Producer: Raven Carter
- Associate Producer: De’Juan Galloway
- Associate Producer: Metanoya Webb
- Associate Producer: Geo Hagan
- Makeup: Mimi Kamara
WATCH MORE HOW I MADE IT:
- Episode 1: Senior Writer, Newsweek/Daily Beast, Allison Samuel
- Episode 2: Fashion Designer Kevan Hall
- Episode 3: Curl Connoisseur Anthony Dickey
- Episode 4: Photographer Marc Baptiste
- Episode 1: Fashion Critic Robin Givhan
- Episode 2: Celebrity Makeup Artist Sam Fine
- Episode 3: Designer and Stylist Alexis Phifer
- Episode 4: Writer and Editorial Director, Kierna Mayo
- Episode 1: Alek Wek
- Episode 2: Deidre Jefferies
- Episode 3: Beverly Johnson
- Episode 4: Laura Smalls
- Deleted Scenes: Sydne Bolden Long
- Deleted Scenes: Mikki Taylor
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!