Yesterday Patrick Robinson was fired from his post as Executive VP of Global Design at The GAP. Word of the dismissal came from Pat Wallack the head of GAP Global Creative. The termination is said to have stemmed from lackluster North American sales within the brand. Robinson has been with The GAP since 2007, overseeing all adult and body apparel design and execution. Under his direction the brand revamped its entire denim offering and rebranding of the 1969 Denim line.
Robinson had been the new face for this forty-plus year old denim and t-shirt brand. Last year he even served as a co-chair at the Costume Institute’s MET Ball alongside Anna Wintour and Oprah Winfrey.
Prior to The GAP, Robinson held design positions at Giorgio Armani, Anne Klein, Perry Ellis and Paco Rabanne. With so movers and shakers, well, moving and shaking in positions around the industry, we’re hoping this will inject some fresh life in the design scene as a whole. As of now, a successor has not yet been named.
- Deidre Dyer
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Once Tween Stars Who Have Ditched The All American Look For A Edgier Persona!
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Selena Gomez, Bridget Kelly And More!)
- Shop 16 Chic Accessories For Stylish Gadget Geeks & Techies
- So Hard To Say Goodbye: 15 Celebrity Couples We Were Sad To See Go
- Filtered Flicks: This Week’s Most Stylish On Instagram (Selita Ebanks Shines In Mizrahi, J.Lo Chills On Set With Pitbull And More!)
- Arrested Development: 15 Celebs Who Have Been Arrested
- 15 Celebs Who Ditched Their Long Hair For A Shorter Look
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles