Hey StyleBlazers, welcome to the third episode of our exclusive How I Made It online video series. In this series, we are shining the spotlight on fearless, original and inspirational women in the fashion and beauty industry.
About This Episode
Known for her vivacious personality, exquisite taste and charm, Bevy Smith exudes confidence and epitomizes the modern business woman: fearless, free and focused on success.
Proud of her Harlem roots, Bevy discovered at a young age she was destined for a life in fashion. She describes candidly the moment when she realized style was in her DNA, "...when girls in my neighborhood started asking me would I take them shopping." It's only right that "the first girl in Harlem to wear a cat suit" would grow to become a high-powered fashion executive at Rolling Stone, fashion editor-at-large for VIBE, TV personality and now Social Media Maven. She is also the creator of "Dinner with Bevy," a brilliantly crafted dinner party series in which Bevy brings together influential people from across entertainment, fashion and media.
Adored and loved by all, Bevy Smith, a style icon in her own right tells us how she made it.
- Original music by Kenneth Whalum III
- Director: Jon Goff
- Executive Producer: Liz Burr
- Producer: Raven Carter
- Associate Producer: Metanoya Webb
- Associate Producer: Geo Hagan
- Camera Operator: Leighton Pope
- Sound: Yossera Bouchtia
- Makeup: Mimi Kamara
WATCH MORE HOW I MADE IT:
- Episode 1: Senior Writer, Newsweek/Daily Beast, Allison Samuel
- Episode 2: Fashion Designer Kevan Hall
- Episode 3: Curl Connoisseur Anthony Dickey
- Episode 4: Photographer Marc Baptiste
- Episode 1: Fashion Critic Robin Givhan
- Episode 2: Celebrity Makeup Artist Sam Fine
- Episode 3: Designer and Stylist Alexis Phifer
- Episode 4: Writer and Editorial Director, Kierna Mayo
- Episode 1: Alek Wek
- Episode 2: Deidre Jefferies
- Episode 3: Beverly Johnson
- Episode 4: Laura Smalls
- Deleted Scenes: Sydne Bolden Long
- Deleted Scenes: Mikki Taylor