Hey StyleBlazers, welcome to the fourth episode of our exclusive How I Made It online video series. In this series, we are shining the spotlight on fearless, original and inspirational women in the fashion and beauty industry.
About This Episode
She’s elegant, poised and about her business, and according to Felita Harris, Senior Vice President of Global Sales at Donna Karan International, belief is to thank for her successful career in fashion. “I learned to be comfortable, grateful and thankful for the moment—I believed that I would not let myself down,” admits the tenacious fashion executive who got her start at Neiman Marcus back in 1996 and since then has worked with Armani, Nordstrom and Piazza Sempione.
Harris was born in Chattanooga, Tennessee, but spent her primitive years in Pisa, Italy, the land she attributes to igniting her serious spark for fashion.
“You have what you say. How you view yourself is probably how it is,” says the proud mother who calls both Donna Karan’s New York City offices and her New Jersey residence, home. “I’m really proud that I didn’t give up and trusted that small voice inside of me that said ‘try.'”
In this episode, the fashion merchandising authority, candidly describes how she made it.
- Original music by Kenneth Whalum III
- Director: Jon Goff
- Executive Producer: Liz Burr
- Producer: Raven Carter
- Associate Producer: Metanoya Webb
- Associate Producer: Geo Hagan
- Camera Operator: Leighton Pope
- Sound: Yossera Bouchtia
- Makeup: Mimi Kamara
- Hair: Pat Sumpter-Davis
WATCH MORE HOW I MADE IT:
- Episode 1: Senior Writer, Newsweek/Daily Beast, Allison Samuel
- Episode 2: Fashion Designer Kevan Hall
- Episode 3: Curl Connoisseur Anthony Dickey
- Episode 4: Photographer Marc Baptiste
- Episode 1: Fashion Critic Robin Givhan
- Episode 2: Celebrity Makeup Artist Sam Fine
- Episode 3: Designer and Stylist Alexis Phifer
- Episode 4: Writer and Editorial Director, Kierna Mayo
- Episode 1: Alek Wek
- Episode 2: Deidre Jefferies
- Episode 3: Beverly Johnson
- Episode 4: Laura Smalls
- Deleted Scenes: Sydne Bolden Long
- Deleted Scenes: Mikki Taylor