Oprah Winfrey was beaming in green at the inaugural graduation for her Leadership Academy for Girls in Henley on Klip, South Africa. The graduates were very excited about their accomplishments and ecstatic to celebrate with Ms. Winfrey. Though fashion was the least of her concerns at such a joyous occasion, always stylish with a touch of grace, Oprah wore a beautiful silk emerald dress with a earth-tone tasseled belt.
She founded the Leadership Academy for Girls in January 2007 in an effort to provide leadership and educational opportunities for gifted girls from impoverished backgrounds. “I’m one proud momma today, I always held the vision that this day was possible,” Oprah said at the celebration.
Congratulations to Oprah and everyone at the Leadership Academy for Girls on your first graduating class. Turn the page for more pics.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night