Happy Wednesday StyleBlazers! Thanks for all your support with the first season on our exclusive How I Made It online video series, shining the spotlight on fearless, original and inspirational women in the fashion and beauty industries. Mikki Taylor, Sydne Bolden-Long, Bevy Smith and Felita Harris, candidly described, in their own words, how they made it.
It was impossible for us to pack all the exceptional footage from their moving interviews into one measly episode, which is why we’re releasing the deleted scenes.
First up, Harlem Style Maven, Bevy Smith. In this snippet the vivacious personality gushes about her affection for high-heels at age 13 and rocking grey cat suits in the 80’s. Trust us, it’s must-see!
WATCH MORE HOW I MADE IT:
- Episode 1: Senior Writer, Newsweek/Daily Beast, Allison Samuel
- Episode 2: Fashion Designer Kevan Hall
- Episode 3: Curl Connoisseur Anthony Dickey
- Episode 4: Photographer Marc Baptiste
- Episode 1: Fashion Critic Robin Givhan
- Episode 2: Celebrity Makeup Artist Sam Fine
- Episode 3: Designer and Stylist Alexis Phifer
- Episode 4: Writer and Editorial Director, Kierna Mayo
- Episode 1: Alek Wek
- Episode 2: Deidre Jefferies
- Episode 3: Beverly Johnson
- Episode 4: Laura Smalls
- Deleted Scenes: Sydne Bolden Long
- Deleted Scenes: Mikki Taylor