“I’ll go to an audition or a meeting in a pretty dress and they still think of me as depressed or embattled. Hopefully, that will change”, says Viola Davis on being type casted. And with these upcoming takes from W Magazine, we can’t see why it wouldn’t change.
Looking neither “depressed” or “embattled,” we’ve never seen Viola Davis or Octavia Spencer like this before. Looking fashion forward and gorgeous, the two stars of The Help are featured in W Magazine‘s “Best Performance Issue” for February. Both women were brilliant in the film, with Octavia Spencer receiving a Best Supporting Actress Golden Globe, and Viola Davis winning Best Actress at Critics’ Choice this award season.
It’s great that W Magazine sought to capture the glamour of both actresses in their golden hour. With more polished opportunities like these, spotlighting the full range of their beauty, the overcast from being type casted will rise so they can shine even more. Take a peek at each actress’ W Mag shot below.
Do you think Viola and Octavia successfully shed their downtrodden type casts for full on diva in these shots?
-Tunisia Z. Wilson
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!
- Hollywood Slim Down: 15 Stars Who Lost Major Weight
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past
- Hollywood's 15 Most Famous On Again-Off Again Couples