Hey StyleBlazers! We're happy to announce that we're bringing back another season of our exclusive web series, How I Made It. For our first episode of Season 5, we got the pleasure to speak to Lisa Price, founder of Carol's Daughter. Watch the video above to learn her story and stay tuned for future episodes!
About This Episode
Lisa Price has become of the biggest names in the beauty industry because of her brand, Carol's Daughter, which was affectionately named after her mother. Celebrities and beauty lovers alike have expressed their love for the beauty line over the years.
Price, who used to work in television production, originally started her beauty business as a hobby. She would mix fragrances and create beauty products in her kitchen and then sell them at flea markets. The brand, which consists of natural hair and body products soon garnered a cult following, and Lisa's rise to success was almost inevitable.
In this episode of How I Made It, Lisa Price, founder of Carol's Daughter, shares how she turned a love of fragrance into a highly successful beauty empire.
WATCH MORE HOW I MADE IT:
- Episode 1: Senior Writer, Newsweek/Daily Beast, Allison Samuels
- Episode 2: Fashion Designer Kevan Hall
- Episode 3: Curl Connoisseur Anthony Dickey
- Episode 4: Photographer Marc Baptiste
- Episode 1: Fashion Critic Robin Givhan
- Episode 2: Celebrity Makeup Artist Sam Fine
- Episode 3: Designer and Stylist Alexis Phifer
- Episode 4: Writer and Editorial Director, Kierna Mayo
- Episode 1: Alek Wek
- Episode 2: Deidre Jefferies
- Episode 3: Beverly Johnson
- Episode 4: Laura Smalls
- Deleted Scenes: Sydne Bolden Long
- Deleted Scenes: Mikki Taylor
- Episode 1: Mikki Taylor
- Episode 2: Sydne Bolden Long
- Episode 3: Bevy Smith
- Episode 4: Felita Harris
- Deleted Scenes: Bevy Smith