We’re back with another inspiring story for How I Made It. For our second episode of Season 5, we sat down with the extraordinary makeup artist and founder of Sonia Kashuk for Target, Sonia Kashuk. Watch the video above to learn her story and stay tuned for future episodes!
About This Episode
In the 1980s, Sonia Kashuk moved to New York City from her home state of Minnesota with a dream of becoming a successful makeup artist. She soon caught the eye of photographer Arthur Elgort, and before she knew it, she was doing editorials for major magazines and runway assignments for big designers and then worked as Creative Director of Cosmetics at Aveda. She also went on to publish two books, one of which she collaborated with Cindy Crawford on.
Over a decade later, Sonia Kashuk and Target joined forces to create a now award-winning cosmetics and accessories collection to provide luxury products to the mass market. Kashuk is celebrating her 15th anniversary with Target this year.
In this episode of How I Made It, Sonia Kashuk shares how she went from a budding makeup artist to a successful entrepreneur and creator of her namesake beauty brand at Target.
WATCH MORE HOW I MADE IT:
- Episode 1: Senior Writer, Newsweek/Daily Beast, Allison Samuels
- Episode 2: Fashion Designer Kevan Hall
- Episode 3: Curl Connoisseur Anthony Dickey
- Episode 4: Photographer Marc Baptiste
- Episode 1: Fashion Critic Robin Givhan
- Episode 2: Celebrity Makeup Artist Sam Fine
- Episode 3: Designer and Stylist Alexis Phifer
- Episode 4: Writer and Editorial Director, Kierna Mayo
- Episode 1: Alek Wek
- Episode 2: Deidre Jefferies
- Episode 3: Beverly Johnson
- Episode 4: Laura Smalls
- Deleted Scenes: Sydne Bolden Long
- Deleted Scenes: Mikki Taylor