The undisputed king of freaky fashions, Jeremy Scott, showed his technicolor fall/winter 2012 collection at Milk Studios in New York on Wednesday. Scott has a great way of honing in on a theme or character, and yielding unique looks without wavering from his original inspiration. Remember his Fast Food collection of 2006, and last year’s Beverly Hillbillies collection—all different and flawless in their execution.
This time around he pulled a couple cartoony references from the 90s. We saw strains of My Little Pony, Rainbow Brite and everyone’s favorite bad brother, Bart Simpson. In a psychedelic rainbow extravaganza, Scott unfurled 40 fun and punchy looks on the runway, including shimmery overalls and trench coats, sweater dresses emblazoned with silly emoticons, color-blocked fur jackets, and a black evening gown with 3-D unicorn bodice, all accompanied by rainbow hair capes. Call it what you like, but Scott is an insanely prolific and endlessly creative designer. A true StyleBlazer at heart.
Check out our favorite looks from the collection below.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Once Tween Stars Who Have Ditched The All American Look For A Edgier Persona!
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Selena Gomez, Bridget Kelly And More!)
- Shop 16 Chic Accessories For Stylish Gadget Geeks & Techies
- So Hard To Say Goodbye: 15 Celebrity Couples We Were Sad To See Go
- Filtered Flicks: This Week’s Most Stylish On Instagram (Selita Ebanks Shines In Mizrahi, J.Lo Chills On Set With Pitbull And More!)
- Arrested Development: 15 Celebs Who Have Been Arrested
- 15 Celebs Who Ditched Their Long Hair For A Shorter Look
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles