As one of the major stalwarts of Milan Fashion Week, designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana have been turning out opulently distinct collections season after season. For the Fall/Winter 2012 collection things took a darker turn. A major departure from their notoriously all spicy spring collection, chock full of jalapeno-printed dresses and jewelry, this recent collection featured loads of black lace, sumptuous velvet and rich gilded brocade.
We’d liken it to what Sofia Loren, the quintessential queen of Italian cinema, would wear to a funeral—dark, tailored to a T, and unabashedly frisky. Each look that came down the runway held a richness and certain Italian finesse that gave off a regal yet pious aire, a romantic sentiment that the name Dolce and Gabbana have become synonymous with. Check out some of our fave picks from the collection.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night