Happy Wednesday StyleBlazers! We truly thank you for all your support with How I Made It, our exclusive online video series, shining the spotlight on fearless, original and inspirational women in the fashion and beauty industries. Mikki Taylor, Sydne Bolden-Long, Bevy Smith and Felita Harris, Alek Wek and Diedre Jefferies candidly described, in their own words, how they made it.
It was impossible for us to pack all the exceptional footage from their moving interviews into one full episode, which is why we're releasing the deleted scenes.
This time we feature, Former Essence Beauty Editor, Mikki Taylor. In this snippet the regal, classic and chic Mikki Taylor revels that exact moment when she knew she was destined to grace the halls of Essence Magazine and become a mainstay. Trust us, it's must-see!
WATCH MORE HOW I MADE IT:
- Episode 1: Senior Writer, Newsweek/Daily Beast, Allison Samuel
- Episode 2: Fashion Designer Kevan Hall
- Episode 3: Curl Connoisseur Anthony Dickey
- Episode 4: Photographer Marc Baptiste
- Episode 1: Fashion Critic Robin Givhan
- Episode 2: Celebrity Makeup Artist Sam Fine
- Episode 3: Designer and Stylist Alexis Phifer
- Episode 4: Writer and Editorial Director, Kierna Mayo
- Episode 1: Alek Wek
- Episode 2: Deidre Jefferies
- Episode 3: Beverly Johnson
- Episode 4: Laura Smalls
- Deleted Scenes: Sydne Bolden Long
- Deleted Scenes: Mikki Taylor