Since dropping the first two singles, musician Santigold recently released the cover art for her new upcoming album Master of My Make-Believe. In a surrealist composite photo by photographer Jason Schmidt we see three versions of Santi White. In the center Santi is seated on a leather throne of sorts, dressed as a man. The seated Man-tigold is flanked by two bodacious Santigolds clad in gold swimsuits custom-made by designer Alexander Wang. And in the backdrop there is an opulent painting by Kehinde Wiley of Santigold as an 18th-century British officer. Personally commissioned by Santi, this is the first Wiley painting ever to feature a female subject. All we can say is Santi looks stunning in all of her personas. We can’t wait to hear this album!
Santigold’s sophomore album is due out May 1st. Until then, check out the behind the scenes video of the making of this epic album cover.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night