We witnessed mainstream media take notice of natural hair and its beauty during award season when Viola Davis traded her wigs for a gorgeous natural ‘fro. But it seems to have gone beyond that. According to a recent article by Vogue Italia—yes, the same magazine that brought you “Haute Mess”—natural hair was all the rage on the runways this season.
Apparently, designers are preferring the models to get rid of European weaves and come au naturale for the runways. With Solange Knowles becoming a sought after fashion darling, and all the other fashion forward natural girls like Esperanza Spalding, Janelle Monae, and Corinne Baily Rae, could White America finally be ready to embrace true diversity? It is an answer that we will only see with time.
For now, enjoy the natural hair looks that graced the runways during f/w 2012′s fashion weeks.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Selena Gomez, Bridget Kelly And More!)
- Shop 16 Chic Accessories For Stylish Gadget Geeks & Techies
- So Hard To Say Goodbye: 15 Celebrity Couples We Were Sad To See Go
- Filtered Flicks: This Week’s Most Stylish On Instagram (Selita Ebanks Shines In Mizrahi, J.Lo Chills On Set With Pitbull And More!)
- Arrested Development: 15 Celebs Who Have Been Arrested
- 15 Celebs Who Ditched Their Long Hair For A Shorter Look
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles
- Celeb Moms That Bounced Back After Pregnancy Like It Was Nothing (Beyoncé's Body Post Blue Ivy, Jennifer Lopez's Curves After Twins and More!)