Pamella Roland’s Fall 2015 collection was inspired by Paris in the ’70s and all it encompassed–“the glamorous world of designers, models, photographers and their creative conspirators that have become enduring style icons.”
Using the classic book, The Beautiful Fall, as a starting point, the designer employed Artistry Global Makeup Artist Rick DiCecca to create a beauty look that would encapsulate the throwback theme in a modern way.
During our exclusive makeup preview at Roland’s N.Y. showroom (above), we couldn’t help but notice all of the beautifully packaged Artistry products as DiCecca worked his magic.
“The thing I love about Artistry is it’s sold between family and friends. You can’t just go into a department store and buy it,” he told me backstage.
“People find out about this brand through helping other people. My first time ever experiencing Artistry was in Milan; backstage, I dropped my loose powder…One of the makeup artists said, ‘hey, use this.’ It was a loose powder from Artistry and I fell in love with it. When I got back to the states, I started asking about it. And the thing that’s unique about it right now (backstage) is a lot of my team are actually distributors. They actually sell the product and that doesn’t happen.”
Beauty junkies can look forward to plenty of new products later this year; some of which are used for this runway look. Click through for a step to step guide and get ready to channel your inner Parisian!
- Prep the skin with Artistry Ideal Radiance™ Illuminating Essence ($123), for instant brightening, and Artistry Ideal Radiance™ Moisture Cream ($100) for ultimate hydration.
- Dab Artistry Youth Xtend™ Enriching Eye Cream ($71) around both eyes to refresh and moisturize.
- Next, to create the perfect canvas for color, apply Artistry Ideal Radiance™ Illuminating CC Cream (Launching May 2015) to the full face, to perfect, prime and illuminate the skin.
- Lastly, work Artistry Youth Xtend™ Lifting Smoothing Foundation ($49) into a fluffy powder brush, starting in the center of the face and applying the foundation in a circular motion, blending towards the hairline.
- This look focused on the eyes, and Rick used the Artistry Signature Color™ Eye Shadow Quad in Smoky (Launching Fall 2015) to create this dramatic and elegant eye.
- Use Eye Shadow #1 over the entire eye area, blending from the lash line, up over the lid to the eyebrow. Next, apply Eye Shadow #3 from the lash line to just below the crease.
- Using a small brush, add Eye Shadow #2 just below the crease, and along the upper and lower lashes, joining them at the outer corner.
- For a final touch, blend Eye Shadow #4 over the outer corners of eyes, sweeping toward the inner corners to create an ombre effect, then pulling shadow towards the outer corner of the eye to soften the wing.
- To finish, use Artistry Signature Color™ Longwearing Eye Pencil in Black (Launching Fall 2015) on the upper and lower lash lines, smudging the liner into the lower lash base with a sponge tip.
- Follow with a coat of Artistry Signature Eyes™ Volume Mascara in Black ($26), and a second coat of Artistry Signature Eyes™ Length & Definition Mascara in Black ($26) to the upper lashes for length and fullness.
- For a subtle flush, he swept Artistry Signature Color™ Blush in Peachy Pink (Launching Fall 2015), over the apples of the cheeks, blending towards the ear, to create color and definition.
- For the lip color, apply Artistry Signature Color™ Lipstick in Silk Lilac ($25), blotting with a tissue, and using a fluffy brush, lightly dust Artistry Exact Fit™ Perfecting Loose Powder ($32) over the lips for a matte effect.