The Brazilian swimwear brand Skinbiquini has tapped fashion media veteran Michael Roberts (pictured above) to create a capsule collection for Spring Summer 2011. Roberts usually oversees fashion from his desk and his lens as a Style and Fashion Director of Vanity Fair and as photographer and illustrator. But stepping into the designer role, Roberts was inspired by the exotic continent of Africa —He’s drawn up little masks to adorn tiny bikinis and cut-out one pieces. We’re also digging the styling: Grace Jones-esque warrior princess laden with jewels and topped with a slicked high top.
Not only do we love their luxury swimwear, put the built-in music player on their website played some of our fave jams! “Love of My Life” by Erykah Badu and Common, Motown classics like “Stand by Me” and “All You Need is Love” by the Beatles. Check out the fresh swim and sounds all in one place at Skinbiquini.com, and enjoy the slideshow on the next few pages.
(Can we just say, the model in these shots is ULTRA-FIERCE!)
- Deidre Dyer
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!
- Hollywood Slim Down: 15 Stars Who Lost Major Weight
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past