Yes, you read that headline correctly. The candy-coated Queen of Bubblegum Pop, Katy Perry, performed her own live version of Jay-Z and Kanye West’s massive hit, “Ni**as In Paris.” While in London for a taping with BBC Radio 1′s Live Lounge, she rocked out in a tilted blue Yankees fitted to help her turn her Brooklyn swag on. Her band-assisted sing-songy version of the rap banger was an unexpected treat for her fans. In what could be considered an attempt to skirt controversy, she replaced the N-word with the word “ninja.” Good thinking.
The”I Kissed A Girl” songstress started the song by saying, “This about to get real embarrassing.” Always the risk taker, she seemed to poke fun at herself from the jump.
Is Katy P. wildin’ with this cover, or doing her favorite rappers justice? Take a look at the clip and sound off.
- Deidre Deyer
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process