The cinematography, choreography and most importantly avant garde fashion in Beyoncé’s new video is AMAZING! Run The World (Girls) is the first single from Bey’s highly anticipated album, “4,” said to be released on June 28th. The superstar recently shared in an interview with Billboard that she worked with Afrobeat icon Fela Kuti’s band to gain inspiration for her new sound. “It’s definitely a bit riskier than something a bit more…simple,” she said of the Francis Lawrence directed video.
You can find Queen B and a slew of hot girls, roaming through a desolate desert in jaw-dropping designer threads from Emilio Pucci, Norma Kamali, Jean Paul Gaultier, Givenchy, Gareth Pugh and the late Alexander McQueen. ”I just heard the track and loved that it was so different: it felt a bit African, a bit electronic and futuristic. It reminded me of what I love, which is mixing different cultures and eras—things that typically don’t go together—to create a new sound.” The singer who’s been laying low for over a year continues, “I feel like my job in the industry is to push the limits, and I have to constantly evolve. I always try and go against the grain. As soon as I accomplish one thing, I just set a higher goal. That’s how I’ve gotten to where I am.” Spoken like a true Queen. StyleBlazer’s across the globe…ENJOY!
-Metanoya Z. Webb
I hope you didn’t think we were done. View the slideshow for standout looks from the video
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Editors' Pick: Must Have Summer Items
- TV Chic: Top 15 Most Fashionable TV Characters
- 15 Fitness Tips & Tricks From The Stars
- 15 Timeless Beauties We Love
- The Fountain of Youth: 15 Celebrity Anti-Aging Tips & Tricks
- 15 Celebrities Who Helped Revive Other Celeb's Careers
- Films of the Future? 15 Movies That Accurately Predicted Events
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles