Contouring is the beauty trick everyone wants to master, especially when it comes to the lips. Sure, it may take Kylie Jenner 40 minutes to draw on her peckers, but in reality, the process isn’t as arduous as it seems.
With just a little lip liner and pop of color, you can take your lips from flat to va va voom in under two minutes. This week, we’re using Artistry’s top notch products, which are all the rage on Fashion Week runways.
Press play above and be sure to read step by step pro tips from Artistry’s Global Makeup Artist Rick DiCecca below.
1. To create a contoured look to your lips, start by lining the lips with the Artistry Automatic Lip Liner, resting the knuckle of your little finger on the chin for stability.
2. Apply lip liner, starting from the outer corner of your upper lip and move up toward the cupid’s bow; repeat on the other side.
3. Next, draw a horizontal line in the center of lower lip, keeping your knuckle anchored and move liner pencil outward to corners following lip shape.
4. Using a lip brush, apply the darker of the 2 lipstick shades to the outer half of upper and lower lips.
4. Fill in the rest of the lips with the lighter shade lipstick, and then use the brush to blend out any visible lines between the 2 shades.
**If it’s a special occasion and you want to really pump up the volume, apply a very small amount of foundation to the lip before applying liner. You can find the one used in the tutorial here.
Subscribe to our YouTube page and visit every Monday at noon for a new tutorial!