Nicki Minaj covers Seventeen Magazine South Africa’s April 2012 issue telling readers she doesn’t mind being a weirdo. But is Nicki really a weirdo? Yea the multiple personalities, colorful hairstyles and outrageous outfits are clearly out of the box, but does that make her a true weirdo? Because in a day and age of pop stars competing with each other for press time, most of our favorite celebrities go to extreme lengths to be famous and stay famous.
Knowing that, Nicki Minaj, in our opinion has been weird to make a name for herself, rather than vice versa. Whenever she’s dressed down or does a rare interview, she actually comes across pretty normal. Either way, we still love Ms. Minaj for who she is and for putting female rappers back on the map!
Check out Nicki on the cover of Seventeen South Africa and six of our favorite face-time freak-outs of hers.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past
- Hollywood's 15 Most Famous On Again-Off Again Couples
- Are These Once M.I.A. Celebs Ready For A Comeback? 15 Stars That May Be Poised For Career Revival
- Fun and Sun: 15 Summer Beauty Must-Haves
- Blue Carpet Rundown: The 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)