Groovey Lew calls himself the “King of Fashion” and rightfully so – his creativity and ingenuous eye for style has been spotted on some of your favorite artists: Biggie, Lil Wayne, Lil’ Kim, Jadakiss, Lauryn Hill, 112, Total, Puffy and many more.
Lately, Groove’s been dabbling in film, styling big Hollywood flicks like Notorious featuring Derek Luke and Brooklyn’s Finest with Don Cheadle. Oxygen channel’s, House of Glam, scouted the legendary stylist to appear on they’re hit reality TV show as well.
If you’re looking for a fashion personality with originality and swag to spare, Groovey is your man. Around here, we call him an O.G. Stylist. StyleBlazer’s own Metanoya Z. Webb caught up with the Fashion King in Mount Vernon, NY, to discuss his career to date and what’s brewing in the future.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night