A trend we’re absolutely loving at StyleBlazer right now is the high-low dress. Scratching your head as to what it is exactly? Well, it has a shorter hem in the front and a long, at times floor-grazing, hem in the back. Some people affectionately call it the “mullet” dress because of its contrasting lengths. However, you choose to reference it, the style is certified haute for warm days and cool nights.
Bold prints and jersey material frocks are perfect to wear for brunching or at a laid back work environment. Just throw on a light jacket and strappy shoe or wedge to complete the look, a la Nicole Richie. And the high-low dress isn’t just for casual affairs. The flowy chiffon numbers are your go-to for an outdoor wedding where you want to dress occasion-appropriately, but still show off your one of a kind style.
Check out five high low dresses that combine casual and chic.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past
- Hollywood's 15 Most Famous On Again-Off Again Couples
- Are These Once M.I.A. Celebs Ready For A Comeback? 15 Stars That May Be Poised For Career Revival
- Fun and Sun: 15 Summer Beauty Must-Haves
- Blue Carpet Rundown: The 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)