Colorblocking is nothing new. The trend was major last summer and it’s still going strong. But now we’re seeing something different, yet sort of similar to colorblocking: it’s the contrasting shoe. Instead of wearing blocks of color in an outfit, some of our favorite celebs are wearing a solid garment with a dissimilar colored shoe.
Favorite reality celeb Kim Kardashian nailed the look when she donned a flowing acid yellow Elise Overland dress and strappy cobalt blue Giuseppe Zanotti platforms. Jennifer Lopez was also spotted sporting chartreuse in a form-fitting Michael Kors mini dress, but with neon pink Casadei pumps. Instead of wearing black or neutral footwear to tone down the bold hued dresses, they turned the look up with an equally bright shoe game.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process