Ahh…the smoky eye. So classic, yet so dramatic. So coveted, yet so many find it difficult to achieve. But really it’s not as tough as it may look. Not when you do our 2-minute smoky eye trick. Designer du jour Rachel Roy seems to be a master at this, and you can be too!
Grab a kohl pencil in any deep shade (black, navy, purple, green) and line your eyes using thick strokes. No need to worry about neatness, a little “mess” makes the look work. Then grab either a Q-tip or an eyeshadow brush like MAC #214 and gently smudge the lines. And guess what? Add two coats of mascara and Voila! You’re done!
Try these pencils on for size: Estée Lauder Pure Color Intense Kajal Eye Crayon, $22 at Bloomingdales; L’Oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner, $8.99 at Walgreens; NYX Collection Noir Kohl Kajal Black Liner, $5.99 at Ulta; Make Up For Ever Khol Pencil, $17 at Sephora.
Good Luck StyleBlazers!
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process