I know, I know… the idea of Rihanna playing Whitney Houston in a film might seem as outlandish as Britney Spears playing Hillary Clinton. But pop music’s “Good Girl Gone Bad” has expressed interest in playing the late icon, if a film was ever made about Whitney’s life.
We can think of a million reasons why it isn’t a good idea for Rihanna to take on such an ambitious role, and why she should stay far away from the role. And the only person who could ever come close to the privilege of portraying our beloved Whitney is the Academy Award winning Jennifer Hudson. But if you think about it, after all, Jennifer Lopez’s vocal ability of the late Tejano singer, Selena, did wonders in the film adaptation of the slain singer’s life. And at a closer look, it looks like Rih Rih and Whitney have more in common than we thought: they love bad boys, they started out modeling, became music stars who took their massive appeal to the big screen. Maybe Rihanna wouldn’t be a bad option after all.
StyleBlazers, do you think Rihanna has what it takes to play Whitney in a movie?
Here’s 7 Reason’s why Rih has our vote…
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles
- Becoming 'Yeezus': How Kanye West's Style Has Evolved Since 'The College Dropout'
- 15 Fashion Trends We Never Want To See Again!
- They Turned Up The Melodrama For TV Movies: 15 Stars Who Starred In Lifetime Original Films
- 15 Celebs Who Love A Pair Of Ripped Jeans
- Extreme Beauty: 15 Wacky Celebrity Beauty Treatments
- The Evolution of Baby Kimye: From Baby Bump to Bouncing Baby Girl!
- Father's Day Love: 15 Of The Most Adorable Celebrity Photos