ABC’s The Bachelor has been a primetime hit for years now. But in the show’s 16 season history, there has never been an African-American bachelor wooing ladies on romantic excursions from Italy to Monaco. Well, that’s all about to change. The adorable Lamar Hurd, a sportscaster from Portland, Oregon, is a frontrunner to star in season 17 of The Bachelor. He’s a former pro baller, and works with a youth group in his spare time. What’s not to love?
In addition to Hurd, the female love interests might finally get a much-needed dose of diversity, too! There’s hardly ever any women of color standing in ball gowns awaiting their rose during those dramatic elimination ceremonies.
Styleblazers, will you tune in to ABC to watch an African-American Bachelor? Check Hurd’s audition interview, and let us know if he has what it takes.
StyleBlazers, if Lamar becomes the 1st black bachelor, are you auditioning?!
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Editors' Pick: Must Have Summer Items
- TV Chic: Top 15 Most Fashionable TV Characters
- 15 Fitness Tips & Tricks From The Stars
- 15 Timeless Beauties We Love
- The Fountain of Youth: 15 Celebrity Anti-Aging Tips & Tricks
- 15 Celebrities Who Helped Revive Other Celeb's Careers
- Films of the Future? 15 Movies That Accurately Predicted Events
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles