There are few trends that drift in and out of mainstream fashion quite the way pajamas do. We can vaguely remember a few looks from 2011, its quiet reappearance in 2009, and its earnest insistence on sticking around in the early 2000′s. And now, with little to no effort, it’s back on the bodies of hollywood’s most fashionable.
This time we say, if you can have all the damn eggs and pancakes you want at 12 o’clock at night wearing a sequin mini dress, then why the heck not steak and potatoes 6 o’clock in the evening wearing a silk pajama set? BUT—and this is a big but—it all depends on how you wear it. To crush any confusion you might have about wearing pajamas outdoors fashionably, we’ve put together a quick how-to guide.
Here are 7 Do’s and Don’ts to wearing pajama fashion.
1. DON’T Wear Childish Prints
You will look crazy. End of story.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Overnight Sensations: 15 Celebrities Who Seem To Have Made It Overnight
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!