It used to be that style icons were born, not made. You had to have style, grace, and that certain “je ne se quois.” But, hey things change. These days every mid-high profile chick is trotting around in the latest designer goods for the paparazzi, wanting to be labeled a fashion it girl. And that includes celebrities by association, or, better yet, relations as in relationships.
Yesterday’s Grace Jones is today’s Amber Rose because some of the biggest contemporary ‘Style Icons’ were made from being the wives, girlfriends, and serial daters of celebrities. They’re thrust into the spotlight because of their chop down menus, but they’re staying in it as public obsessions because of their beauty and “style.”
But, with little credibility or established careers to speak of before their men, are they deserving? Or are they really pretty faces with stylists, free swag, and an accessibility to some of the most beautiful luxury items? You tell us StyleBlazers, but before you do check out these 7 celebs who went from nobody to fashion somebody because of their celebrity romances.
Amber Rose Via Yeezy
…”Yeezy taught me.”
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night