It used to be that style icons were born, not made. You had to have style, grace, and that certain “je ne se quois.” But, hey things change. These days every mid-high profile chick is trotting around in the latest designer goods for the paparazzi, wanting to be labeled a fashion it girl. And that includes celebrities by association, or, better yet, relations as in relationships.
Yesterday’s Grace Jones is today’s Amber Rose because some of the biggest contemporary ‘Style Icons’ were made from being the wives, girlfriends, and serial daters of celebrities. They’re thrust into the spotlight because of their chop down menus, but they’re staying in it as public obsessions because of their beauty and “style.”
But, with little credibility or established careers to speak of before their men, are they deserving? Or are they really pretty faces with stylists, free swag, and an accessibility to some of the most beautiful luxury items? You tell us StyleBlazers, but before you do check out these 7 celebs who went from nobody to fashion somebody because of their celebrity romances.
Amber Rose Via Yeezy
…”Yeezy taught me.”
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles
- Celeb Moms That Bounced Back After Pregnancy Like It Was Nothing (Beyoncé's Body Post Blue Ivy, Jennifer Lopez's Curves After Twins and More!)
- Overnight Sensations: 15 Celebrities Who Seem To Have Made It Overnight
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game