We often fawn over images of celebs at red carpet events with their perfectly applied eye makeup. Sure we could recreate the looks, but realistically what woman has time for that kind of primping when she has mere minutes to walk out the door? We sure don’t always have the luxury, so when we want killer eye makeup without having to pull out the entire contents of our makeup bag, we turn to shadow pencils.
It’s like the most genius thing ever created in beauty. Most of them are already super pigmented that you can skip a primer (though if you have exceptionally oily lids, do the primer) so you just grab one, glide it across your lids and smudge with a makeup wedge or even just your pointer finger. No need to be a pro at blending or anything—just add mascara and optionally liner and you’re done!
We love a nice shimmery taupe shade (like Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencil in Rehab, $20, above) that can work for the office and then we kick it up by blending a deeper color in the outer V of the eye for something more dramatic for evening. Seriously, if you haven’t you need to get up on this!
More shadow pencils to try:
NYX Cosmetics Jumbo Eye Pencil, $4.50 at nyxcosmetics.com
Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadow, $20 at sephora.com
StyleBlazers, do you use shadow pencils? Tell us in the comments!
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Editors' Pick: Must Have Summer Items
- TV Chic: Top 15 Most Fashionable TV Characters
- 15 Fitness Tips & Tricks From The Stars
- 15 Timeless Beauties We Love
- The Fountain of Youth: 15 Celebrity Anti-Aging Tips & Tricks
- 15 Celebrities Who Helped Revive Other Celeb's Careers
- Films of the Future? 15 Movies That Accurately Predicted Events
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles