One of the things you tend to grow to love about a good television show is the cast. We fall in love with the characters like they’re really our mom, sister, or best friend. And if we’re lucky every week at scheduled timing we meet them up on the same station to hang out. But what happens when you tune is as usual and there’s some new strange face walking around in your living room because the ‘sassy mom with a heart of gold’ or ‘micheivious but well-meaning teen’ has been replaced?! One of two things: you tune out unable to bare the loss and drop the show, or you keep watching—if it’s good enough—and silently honor your replaced character by hating the new one forever. Either way, you still love them.
Here are seven classic TV characters that got replaced but we never forgot!
Fresh Prince of Bel Air: Aunt Viv
We LOVED the first Aunt Viv, first played by Janet Hubert from seasons 1-3. She was stern, fiesty, and strong enough to hold her own with a cast of popular characters. The second Aunt Viv, played by Daphne Maxwell Reid from seasons 4-6 just didn’t hold it down playing an obviously softer more mellow Viv.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Selena Gomez, Bridget Kelly And More!)
- Shop 16 Chic Accessories For Stylish Gadget Geeks & Techies
- So Hard To Say Goodbye: 15 Celebrity Couples We Were Sad To See Go
- Filtered Flicks: This Week’s Most Stylish On Instagram (Selita Ebanks Shines In Mizrahi, J.Lo Chills On Set With Pitbull And More!)
- Arrested Development: 15 Celebs Who Have Been Arrested
- 15 Celebs Who Ditched Their Long Hair For A Shorter Look
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles
- Celeb Moms That Bounced Back After Pregnancy Like It Was Nothing (Beyoncé's Body Post Blue Ivy, Jennifer Lopez's Curves After Twins and More!)