You’ve probably never met someone as energy-filled as Kat DeLuna.
The 28-year-old singer, who’s a proud Sagittarius, has the personality of a cheerleader sans all the annoying parts. But what makes her most intriguing is how her dynamic background all play into her infectious personality.
“I love being Dominicana,” she told Hot 97 in a 2015 interview. “But I’m a Black slash Asian, weird Dominican.”
Classically trained in Opera at Newark Arts High School, DeLuna was born in the Bronx and raised between New Jersey and the Dominican Republic. She speaks Spanish fluently, but also knows French. Her career skyrocketed in 2009 with a dancehall single called “Whine it Up”, but she also makes Electronic music.
So you can imagine how excited we were to talk to the talent about her beauty favorites!
See her answers to our Blazin’ Beauty Quiz, below.
1. If my personality were a lipstick shade it would be called: “Le Kat! Because it’s sassy, strong and fun!”
2. My biggest beauty indulgence is: “I love lip glosses and lipsticks. I love changing lip colors because you can express the way you feel by the shade you rock on your lips.”
3. The cheapest beauty product in my bag is: “My DUO eyelash adhesive glue! Yes, I always carry it in my purse just in case my lashes start to fall off when I’m wearing some.”
4. Glammed Up or Au Naturale? “Hmm… I love glam, but I adore going au naturale because I am obsessed with my freckles. And lately I have been showing them off more. Plus, I feel that we should celebrate our natural skin more and not always rely on a full face of makeup.”
5. The best piece of beauty advice I’ve ever received is: “I learned how to mix lotion and bronzer and use it as a glow lotion. Make a quick paste in the palm of your hands and use it on your legs, elbows and neck area for a red carpet. You’ll glow beautifully! I use it every day, especially during the summer, and I get lots of compliments.”
6. Three items I never leave home without are: “My L’Oreal Pro-Matte gloss, in all shades! Maybelline Great Lash Real Impact mascara. And Atkinsons “Love in Endless” perfume because a woman should always smell endlessly beautiful!”
7. My hair crush is: And why: “Kate Moss! I love her tousled blonde locks. Sexy, casual. Every time I straighten my hair, I ask for the ‘Kate Moss’ ‘do!”
You can listen to and buy Kat DeLuna’s new single with Jeremih, called “What a Night”, here.