“Whatchu gon’ do when I appear?!” Worship you, naturally, Azealia. Right along with music’s other fresh faces and dynamic sounds, like Santigold. The two artists are among 10 currently featured in Elle Magazine’s “Women in Music 2012,” which celebrates the female musicians that they believe are “rocking the charts—and our worlds” right now. But enough from our “big mouth,” as Santi’s song says, check out their snapshots up close and hear what each of them had to say to Elle!
On her new found fame: “People say, ‘You just got famous on YouTube.’ I’m like, ‘So? You didn’t get famous anywhere.’”
On becoming a fashion icon: “ ‘212’ is arrogant, and fashion is arrogant. Selling beauty means convincing people that you have something they want.”
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Overnight Sensations: 15 Celebrities Who Seem To Have Made It Overnight
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!