So it turns out that Michelle Obama was quite the fashion plate way before she became an all-TIME fashion icon. Ellen DeGeneres revealed the First Lady’s prom photo today on her talk show. Michelle appeared on the show from Florida, where she was speaking to military families. Not only did then-Michelle Robinson look just as stunning as ever in her prom photo, but the gold dress she rocked had a very high slit revealing lots of leg. The stylish First Lady gushed over the throwback photo, but made clear that Sasha and Malia will not be wearing daring fashion any time soon: “That split was a little high,” she admitted. “I don’t know if I’d let my kids go out in a split that high.”
Watch Michelle’s reaction to the big reveal here.
StyleBlazers, tell us about your prom style back in the day.
- Jada Gomez-Lacayo
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night