Entering the Latin music arena is no easy thing to do.
Like most genres, it helps to have a co-sign and something that makes you unique. Luckily, Monique “MoMo” Gonzalez has both.
The Cuban-American singer scored a song with Pitbull called “El Perdon (How Can I)” and she’s got powerhouse vocals. Hailing from South Florida, the beauty was the leading lady in Austin Mahone’s video, “MMM Yeah” proving her classic acting background comes in handy.
Her sizzling appearance in that video created the launching pad for her success.
In addition to her beat-happy songs, we’re loving that she speaks Spanish in her songs— fully embracing her heritage. Oh, and she has pretty awesome dance moves.
MoMo is basically our new #GirlCrush.
Read along for her beauty quiz responses.
1. If my personality were a lipstick shade it would be called: If my personality were a lipstick shade it would definitely be called Dynamite!
2. My biggest beauty indulgence is: When it comes to beauty everyone calls me the eyebrow Queen. I truly believe eyebrows are the curtains that shape your face. My eyebrow kit consists of the Anastasia brow Powder duo, the Anastasia duo brush #7, and to outline my brows I use the M.A.C concealer pot.
3. The cheapest beauty product in my bag is: Believe it or not, the cheapest beauty product in my bag is my foundation. I wear L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte foundation which I buy at Walgreens for $12.99. I live by it, the finish leaves my skin looking like a million bucks.
4. Glammed Up or Au Naturale? Au Naturale, there’s nothing sexier than a woman who embraces her own skin.
5. The best piece of beauty advice I’ve ever received is: The best piece of beauty advice I’ve ever received was the fact that you can use baby powered as dry shampoo. Of course, you have to brush it out and make sure you don’t look like a snowball. However, this tip has saved my life in so many instances.
6. Three items I never leave home without are: Three items I never leave my home without are my phone, my charger, and an extra pair of clothes.
7. My hair crush is: And why: My hair crush is hands down Nazanin Mandi. I am in love with the cut and texture of her hair. Whenever I decide to cut my hair short, that will definitely be the look I go for.
To hear MoMo’s sound head over to her SoundCloud page.