Supermodel Liya Kebede is the latest cover girl for the May issue of Harper’s Bazaar Spain—hitting newsstands today—looking regal in Gucci’s 2012 cruise collection. The look is a minimalist pantsuit in navy and white with a plunging neckline halter top peek-a-booing from under the blazer hung over her shoulders.
Liya also debuted a two-tone hair do featuring a fiery flash of red. As this isn’t something we are used to seeing her in, it had us thinking, ‘look what Rihanna started.’ Well, maybe she’s just playing with some color for the cover of Harper’s Spain, but the Ethiopian beauty rocks this voluminous, layered version of the infamous red hair well.
After Joan Smalls’ Vogue Italia “Haute Mess” cover and the backlash that ensued, we’re just happy to see an international cover with a brown model simply looking gorgeous.
Check out Liya’s complete spread for Harper’s Bazaar Spain’s May 2012 issue below.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night