With Mothers Day right around the corner, it’s only fitting that we paid tribute to seven celebrity single mothers. It’s tough out there raising children on your own and just because you’re a celeb doesn’t mean you have it easier. These ladies have had children at 17, hit rock bottom financially, and have dealt with tragic losses, yet still pressed on. Join us in saluting 7 hollywood moms who are holding it down raising kids alone.
1. Solange Knowles
Truth be told we’re kinda wish we were as lucky as little Julez—getting to travel around the world with his famous mom and aunt. But it’s actually Solange who feels like the lucky one. She told BET in 2008, “…having him in my life has given me the bravery, especially as an artist, to just go to new heights because children are so fearless and that has definitely impacted me.”
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process