What’s this? London had another fashion week?! It seems that while we were busy peeping Rita Ora’s London street style, somewhere else in the city “Alternative Fashion Week” was going on strong last week.
The event, sponsored by Alternative Arts—a group that invests in new artists and new ideas, is by no means a re-run of the city’s regular annual Fashion Week. Alternative Fashion Week, as the name suggests, does everything a little different by featuring 14 runway shows per day; free admission to the shows; a fee-less entry for designers; and volunteer models who take a free six-week modeling course. No selective admission, no showing fees, and volunteer models? You already know those runways were going to be something to see.
Check out London’s six-day Alternative Fashion Week extravaganza highlights in the gallery below.
Design by Chloe Hayward
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past
- Hollywood's 15 Most Famous On Again-Off Again Couples
- Are These Once M.I.A. Celebs Ready For A Comeback? 15 Stars That May Be Poised For Career Revival
- Fun and Sun: 15 Summer Beauty Must-Haves
- Blue Carpet Rundown: The 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models