Created by former model Elle Macpherson, “Fashion Star” could’ve easily fallen into the hoards of other competitive reality shows on TV. But the competitive apparel design show successfully created a new niche through a creative premise—aspiring fashion designers show their lines to actual retail buyers—and with the help of heavyweights like H&M, Nicole Richie, and John Varvatos.
To celebrate the success of NBC’s newest hit show, H&M hosted a fashion fete at their 5th Avenue flagship on Tuesday night.
Design challenge mentor Nicole Richie flaunted a midi-length navy and yellow printed dress with an empire waist. She paired it with red-orange satin pumps, and a high knotted-bun and long bangs to finish off her polished look. John Varvatos, like a true designer, was coolly decked out in all black. Nicole Christie, H&M buyer on the show, was also present in a refreshing citron A-line dress.
We presume the shows third celebrity mentor, Jessica Simpson, was missed and excused for her absence to give birth to her first daughter. It’s a good thing there were lots of pics to show Jess later! Check them out now in the following pages.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night