Sidekicks are often looked over or under appreciated, but in the world of film “sidekick” is code for superstar! Time after time we’ve fallen in love with the performance of supporting actors and actresses. It is exciting to go to a theater and get something different from we expected. Lots of talented supporting actors and actresses have snagged the eye of the press and even Academy Awards! So we’ve gathered our favorite actors and actresses whose great performances stole the stage and the spotlight.
Check out 7 of the best supporting roles that out-shined their lead star.
Jennifer Hudson in Dream Girls
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Selena Gomez, Bridget Kelly And More!)
- Shop 16 Chic Accessories For Stylish Gadget Geeks & Techies
- So Hard To Say Goodbye: 15 Celebrity Couples We Were Sad To See Go
- Filtered Flicks: This Week’s Most Stylish On Instagram (Selita Ebanks Shines In Mizrahi, J.Lo Chills On Set With Pitbull And More!)
- Arrested Development: 15 Celebs Who Have Been Arrested
- 15 Celebs Who Ditched Their Long Hair For A Shorter Look
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles
- Celeb Moms That Bounced Back After Pregnancy Like It Was Nothing (Beyoncé's Body Post Blue Ivy, Jennifer Lopez's Curves After Twins and More!)