As the former White House Press Secretary under President Barack Obama, Rogers came under fierce scrutiny for being perceived as a lime-light seeker and being too much of a schmoozer with all the bold-name celebs that she pulled in for Presidential events and dinners. Finishing out the second year of her assignment at CEO of Johnson Publishing, the parent company of Ebony and JET, In this new role though, Rogers seems to be flourishing using all of these once-criticized attributes.
Roger’s plan for these decades-old publications include bringing back the Fashion Fair cosmetics line under the direction of celebrity make-up artist Sam Fine and reviving traveling Ebony Fashion Fair runway show. All in all, she’s seeking to turn the magazine into a lifestyle brand with talks of starting JET-sponsored online dating sites, concerts and boat trips. Also we feel like the archive Tumblr was totally apart of changing up the magazine’s web presence and entering the social media game. Not to mention, we’re still obsessed with all these vintage images!
Stay tuned Blazers, it looks like big thangs will be popping in Ebony’s future!
Desiree sitting Front Row at New York Fashion Week with Anna Wintour.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles
- Becoming 'Yeezus': How Kanye West's Style Has Evolved Since 'The College Dropout'
- 15 Fashion Trends We Never Want To See Again!
- They Turned Up The Melodrama For TV Movies: 15 Stars Who Starred In Lifetime Original Films
- 15 Celebs Who Love A Pair Of Ripped Jeans
- Extreme Beauty: 15 Wacky Celebrity Beauty Treatments
- The Evolution of Baby Kimye: From Baby Bump to Bouncing Baby Girl!
- Father's Day Love: 15 Of The Most Adorable Celebrity Photos