If we counted all the wrinkles, frown lines, and grey hairs of everyone in the world that resulted from money woes…we could probably start a whole new currency. If money is the root of all evil, then it’s also the branch of most stress, because financial troubles are far-reaching; so far-reaching that bankruptcy dates back as far as the 1600s! Toni Braxton, MC Hammer, and Betsey Johnson may have all made headlines with their bankruptcies from the 90′s til now, BUT we’ve found some legendary musicians, artists, and entrepreneurs who you won’t believe filed for bankruptcy back in their day.
Check out 7 shocking bankruptcies straight out of our history books.
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Mozart ran out of money in his early thirties and died at the age of 35 with a vast amount of debt. He had to be buried in an unmarked grave.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night