Rita Ora, the fresh faced songstress from South London, is causing quite a splash in the States. She’s signed to Jay-Z’s Roc Nation, the label responsible for J. Cole, Willow Smith, and a little known pop star named Rihanna. She even got to make a move most music hopefuls only dream of: she hand delivered her debut single, “How We Do (Party),” to NY’s biggest radio station, Z100, with none other than Hova himself! In addition to her impressive vocals (she shut down SOB’s during her recent NYC concerts), Rita is absolutely gorgeous, and is already a fashion magazine darling, appearing in editorials with her trademark fashion style.
We had the opportunity to speak with the bubbly young singer, and we absolutely adore her! We chatted about eclectic style, her favorite beauty products (she loves MAC Lady Danger!), and how she keeps in such great shape. Get to know Rita before she becomes a household name.
SB: Congratulations on everything that’s going on with you. Our readers at StyleBlazer can’t get enough, they always want to know how to get your look for less.
Rita Ora: Thank you so much. I have no boundaries when it comes to my fashion. I just love to wear whatever I’m feeling that day. Like today, I’m wearing some cute pumps with a dress and an old school hat. It’s very spontaneous.
SB: Your style ranges from girly to grunge to tomboy. I see a little bit of Aaliyah’s “sweet but street” style in there. And I really loved the Coogi sweater you rocked at SOB’s. How would you describe your signature style?
Rita: My style… I love clothes. I love fashion. I love going to fashion shows just as much as I love going to concerts. I love the process, I love looking at the detail and fabrics. To me, fashion is another art form. I love to have style in everything I do, in my music and my clothes. And when I wore that Coogi sweater it was just in the moment, and the influence from “Party and BullShyte” was definitely from [Notorious] B.I.G.
Turn the page to find out what shades of lipstick Rita loves best!
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!
- Hollywood Slim Down: 15 Stars Who Lost Major Weight
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past