Last week in NYC, Jill Scott filmed an intimate performance for VH1′s “Storytellers.” During each song, Jill got in to character by changing outfits according to the songs she performed. The looks ranged from bamboo earrings for “Getting in the Way” to a sultry gown for “He Loves Me.” But it was her getup for the after party that really turned heads.
From head to toe, the look just made us go hmmm. Like many celebs, she’s jumped on the ombre hair bandwagon and her attire was extremely casual, from the ripped jeans to comfy Chucks. Casual chic is never a bad thing, but it was shirt that seemed a bit out of place. A 40-year old woman wearing a ripped shirt emblazoned with “$exy” on the front? We can’t cosign that! Maybe Jilly from Philly was still in character?
Tell us StyleBlazers, are you feeling Jill’s dressed down look?
-Patrice J. Williams
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night