Karl Lagerfeld has done it again. The mad hatter of fashion has pulled out yet another rabbit in the form of ethereal wonderland fairies from a past world—perhaps the 18th century—or the next, to set sail on the open seas.
On Monday Karl presented the Chanel 2013 Cruise Collection in Versailles, Paris. The collection consisted of bold silhouettes, ruffled details, and gold accents against a largely pastel color palette; as well as its classic black and white. However, one of the collection’s highlights was possibly the most understated of all—Chanel logo beauty marks!
Models strutted candy-colored blunt-cut bobs, and bright made-up eyes in the fashion of Effie Trinket, topped off with a velvet double “C” on their cheekbones. It was previously thought that the beauty spot stickers would be purchasable as part of a makeup set, but Chanel is said to have denied the report. They should make us little velvet sad faces because we’re super disappointed!
Oh well. Let’s try to cheer up with a few of our favorite alternative girly-girl looks from the resort collection.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!
- Hollywood Slim Down: 15 Stars Who Lost Major Weight
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past