The political tussle between Mitt Romney and President Barack Obama is well underway. The former governor of Massachusetts and the first black chief executive to ever occupy the White House, will duke it out over the next several months, vying for the highest spot on our country’s totem pole: 45th President of the United States. May the best man win.
And although here at StyleBlazer we commit to keeping our political opinions under wraps, we do support fashion for a cause. Meet brother and sister duo, Lorielle and Brandon Broussard, the brains behind Barack The Vote, a global movement committed to increasing Obama’s awareness via politically charged apparel. From paint splattered tees to pint-size onesies, the primary goal of this progressive fashion is to ensure President Barack Obama is re-elected. Now that’s one hell of a style statement!
In the summer of 2007, Lorielle and Brandon Broussard, took seven hundred bucks out of their savings and made 100 T-shirts featuring the Barack The Vote logo. The brother and sister design duo gifted one of those shirts to a friend who in turn gifted the shirt to Hill Harper (CSI:NY). The actor was later spotted on TV presenting at an awards show, decked in none other than the Barack The Vote tee. The following day, Lorielle and Brandon received a message from Harper requesting 250 shirts for an Oprah fundraiser in Montecito, California.
Turn the page for more…
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night