As the temperature gets warmer, you usually swap your skinny jeans for cut offs, but it’s also a great time to rethink your skincare routine. From the products you use to the treatments you receive, you should revamp your regiment, since your skin has different needs in the summer than it did during the cold winter months and rainy spring days. We’re sure you’ve been using your favorite cleanser for months, but it may be time to ditch it. Also, did you know it’s possible to over-wash your face? Kristina Veller, an aesthetics professional at New York’s Skintology, gives us the dish on what we should and shouldn’t be doing to keep our skin looking baby smooth.
Check out three skincare mistakes you’re making, and details on how to get half off select services at Skintology!
In the summer, women tend to over-wash and over-exfoliate. This is because your skin feels oilier because of the humidity and you’re sweating more. However, when you overcleanse, you strip your skin of a protective barrier of essential oils. The areas that need oil, like the t-zone, will actually overproduce oil to compensate, and your skin will become unbalanced. Women should cleanse about two times a day – in the morning and evening. Make sure you’re removing all traces of makeup. Exfoliate about once or twice a week.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases